Wow! It has been a while! Well I have managed to get my Stars Around the Garden
top pieced…I just have to do the applique in the border and I can add it to the To Be Quilted pile! Yahoo! I decided I loved the look of the applique in the border of this pattern, but not the plain border and I also still was partial to the squares but did not like that they were so small…so I altered it and used larger squares in the darker fabrics and in 2 of the corners I did cream squares for some applique- the best of both worlds! I really love how it has turned out!
Hopefully I will be showing it completed very soon! The other project that I worked on was not really quilting related but part of an update to the Quilt Nook itself. I was finding my tiny wipe off board was not big enough to hold all the magnets and papers/notes that I would like so I decided to start a new project to make it more efficient. Here are the results…
As you can see I decided to use this awesome paint by Rust-o-leum that basically makes your wall a magnetic surface. After it cures you can leave it as is or paint over it with the wall color making it totally hidden. I have not decided yet if I am going to cover it or frame it out some how. Any thoughts? I also was sitting in my nook yesterday cutting out my freezer paper templates for the Stars applique, and I happened to notice that fall is definitely upon us…so I thought I would share the view I have from the Nook’s window with you.
I also have been tagged by Lenora over at Lenora Jenkins Designs
! Thanks Lenora- sorry it has taken a while for me to post it so here goes…
To come up with seven random things…Hmmm…
1. I LOVE Starbucks lattes, cappuccinos and such but absolutely do not like straight up coffee.
2. I am a Canadian Registered Nurse who has worked in England and worked in a Neonatal ICU.
3. I used to ride horses (jumpers -hope to ride again soon) as did my mum when she was a teen.
4. I would love to go to Tahiti some day and stay in one of those over the water private huts.
5. I love playing games- such as word games, Sudoku and board games.
6. I used to love writing letters and was good at it-not so much now but I wish to someday get back to it- nothing like receiving a hand written note in the mail.
7. I would love to be a fabric designer one day for Moda…
Well I am supposed to tag 7 people…this part I am not so good at but I guess I will tag Stefanie, Dawn, Sharon and if you are someone who comments on my blog consider yourself tagged- let me know and I’ll come check you out! : )
Well, that is it for now…I have to finish up my stitcher’s angel prezzies and ship them across the pond to ….well now that would be a spoiler! I can’t wait to finish and send the parcel!
Enjoy your weekend and thanks for stopping by!